Monday, April 1, 2013

18-20 Week Update!

Well it's been awhile since I've updated anyone!  I know everyone says it, but no matter how cliche...it's been a busy month!  Matt went to South Africa for a week, we took Ellie on her first long distance trip (long distance meaning 6 hours!  HOORAY for Atlanta!), and of course we're still plowing along with our little baby boy.

As of a little over 2 weeks ago my cervical length was doing very well with our little boy.  I was 18 weeks at that point and it was a huge relief to know that for that moment all was well.  We return this Friday to get remeasured and are hoping for continued good news on that front.  

Additionally we got the great news that our insurance has agreed to cover the cost of Makena shots for me.  Makena is a hormone shot given intermuscularly each week from about week 18 of a pregnancy through week 36 (or until baby is born).  It's been proven to reduce the chances of preterm labor in women who had preterm labor previously.  So I got my first shot last week!  It's uncertain whether this shot will be effective with my condition, since it's fairly rare research hasn't really been done to determine that, but as the doctor said, "It can't hurt!"!  I HATE shots but I'm game for anything that will help our little boy stay put as long as possible.  

This past Saturday we reached 20 weeks...we have 4 weeks left before we reach the point of viability and 8 weeks left before we reach our "goal".  As Matt often reminds me, we take it one day at a time.  Every morning we wake up and thank God for one more night and every night we thank God for one more day.  It's really all we can do for now :)

So there's our most recent update!  I'm processing through a lot of things right now so keep your eyes peeled for a super long post coming soon ;)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a little boy that is comfortable where he is and will stay put for eight more weeks. Love you four.
    Ron and Pat

    ReplyDelete